The COVID-19 pandemic has brought unprecedented changes to the way we offer health care to the community.
During Melbourne’s stage 4 lockdown we have been given strict guidelines from DHHS on the patients that are able to attend face to face consultations.
We can continue to see those who, in the absence of treatment or with a delay in treatment:
1. Will deteriorate leading to a lack of function independence
2. Is likely to cause an escalation of care needs via other medical services.
We will be screening all new and existing clients to determine whether they qualify for a face to face consultation, if you do, we can guarantee that we have strict infection control measures in place to ensure your safety in our clinic.
Please note that you can travel outside of your 5km radius for health care, keep your text message reminder as proof of appointment.
We ask that clients:
- Attend appointments wearing a mask – fabric or surgical, masks with valves still allow you to breathe out any germs you may have so are not suitable to wear in the clinic.
- Do not attend if you have experienced a cough, fever, sore throat, runny or stuff nose, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea in the last 14 days.
- Do not attend if you are waiting for a COVID-19 test result for you or someone in your household OR if you’ve been in contact with a suspected case of COVID in the last 14 days.
- Respect the guidelines that DHHS has in place, our duty of care is to our local community and our staff. We are committed to doing our bit to stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Nobody should neglect their health during this time, so please give us a call no matter how big or small your issue may be.
We will be offering Telehealth to those clients that are not eligible for a face to face consult. Information about our Telehealth consults can be found HERE. All consults will be done via video we will email a zoom link 24-48 hours prior to your appointment.
Please do your bit, stay home – saving lives has never been easier.